Friday, July 27, 2007

Machu Picchu

This morning I was up at half 4, ready for breakfast at 5, & the bus to Machu Picchu at half 5. Poor old Will was up most of the night with a bad case of travellers tummy. Nevertheless he still came with us, but did end up spending a lot of the time sitting on a bench, contemplating life with a fantastic view over the site. We thereby christened it 'Will's bench'. The weather wasn't too flash at all with a lot of rain, but it somehow felt appropriate, & added to the mystic of the place. The swirling cloud would disappear for long enough to grab photos. It was the sort of place where I just couldn't put my camera away. It was quite strange being there, seeing such a familier image that I've seen on dozens of postcards & posters, in real life.

We are currently killing time in Aguas Calientes. Due to bit of a stuff-up by our tour company we are leaving on an 8pm train, instead of the 3:55pm one we were meant to be on. I'm not overly bothered as it is giving me a good chance to catch up on my blog, but I'm sure Will would rather be in bed regaining some strength! It means we probably won't arrive back in Cusco till about midnight, then tomorrow morning we are on an 8am bus to Puno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home