Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to work...

Gidday,

I've just realised that this is my third posting in a row starting with 'Back'... I really should try & be a bit more creative!

Have had 2 full days back at school & everything has started off smoothly, touch wood... I was actually back in on monday, but it was a teacher only day, & I didn't start until 1:30pm so I guess it doesn't really count! The good news is that this is a stupidly short term, something like 10 weeks. Half-term is only 4 weeks away!!!

Last night I went to my first ever UK football match, & it was a Reading game to boot. For those not up with the play regarding UK football (ie. probably most of you following this blog) Reading are my local team, & this year they were promoted to the Premiership where they have been doing really well (again, touch wood!). The game we saw was a 3rd round FA cup match against Burnley, which Reading won 3-2. The ground was only half-full since it was a weeknight (the game was postponed due to a flooded pitch on Saturday) but there was still a lot of atmosphere. It really was an eye-opener, lots of 'effing & blinding', totally different from a rugby match. Some of the chanting & songs that were being sung were outrageous. You can't drink inside the stadium like at a rugby game, & they go to great lengths to keep the home supporters totally separate from the away supporters. They have to sit in different parts of the stadium. I managed a rather flukey picture of a Burnley player scoring their second goal, you can see the ball in the net by the X-BOX logo. I would love to see a Premiership match between Reading & one of the big-guns like Arsenal or Man U, but you just can't get your hands on the tickets. Not much other news really, My postings are never as interesting when I'm back at work... I've got my first rugby game back on Sunday, Portsmouth away. We drew 5-all with them in the first round, so hopefully we'll go one better this time. Tonight I survived my first training back. I was still hurting from my gym session on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home