Monday, January 15, 2007

The Weekend

Gidday,

I don't actually have a huge amount to report, but thought I'd write a post anyway... I'm trying to subscribe to the 'little & often' school of thought... No pictures I'm afraid, I know with some of you it's all you're interested in!

Have had a nice, if busy weekend. Friday night we went to a pub in town to meet up with quite a few of Will's friends, mostly from the University. I was good & didn't drink... I've been trying to have bit of a detox after the excesses of our NZ trip! Saturday morning I had my boys' rugby at school. This term I'm involved with the young guys, under 12's & under 13's. They are great! They're still at the age when they are unbelievably enthusiastic & keen. When you send them for a warm-up run they don't whinge & moan & actually try & beat each other in, whereas with some of the older kids it's hard work trying to get them not to walk!

In the afternoon Will & I went into Reading. We took the ring in for resizing. It's going to take a couple of weeks, & already I miss not having it on my finger... It needed doing though, it was far too big & I spent the last couple of weeks paranoid about it falling off. It did come off once when I was wrapping some pressies, I looked down on my finger & it just wasn't there... I had a minor panic, but luckily I found it without having to unwrap all the things I'd just wrapped!

I survived my first rugby game back today, it was a good 21-5 victory over Portsmouth & I played the whole match. I had had a good week of training -3 gym sessions plus the rugby training, so that helped my fitness a lot. I don't even feel too sore at the moment, but I'm sure it will be a different story tomorrow!

Have a good week, I'm afraid you are going to have to put up with rather mundane posts like this until my next travels... The good news is, only 4 weeks till half-term!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home