Sunday, August 19, 2007

New Home

We are now fully moved in, I LOVE the new house! Huge thanks to the 'boys' who helped me with the move, cheers Curto, Ben & Scottie. It all went smoothly, even though it was a bit of a mission at times. We've put Will's couches, bed & lovely big oak table into the new place, so there was a 3-way move between my old place, Will's house, & the new place. As you can see above, the garden is a good size (for the UK!) & has loads of potential, but it's going to take a heck of a lot of work... We are planning on putting some raised vege beds down the far end by the fence (Will's domain!), a shed in the bottom right corner, then I'll have the area around the patio for my nice flowers... I'll include a few shots of the interior once we've got it fully sorted. There are still lots of boxes waiting to be unpacked... It is so nice having the extra space, as my last flat really was on the 'cosy' side. It is lovely & quiet as well. We are down a long wooded drive, & it feels a million miles away from school (it's actually a 10 minute stroll through the woods...). It'll be great not having the students living all around us.

I don't really have much news to report, the whole week has been spent getting the place sorted. We've got a new fridge/freezer being delivered on Thursday, & we need to buy a washing machine in the next couple of days. I used to use the one in the boarding house, & Will has one but it's quite old & he's going to leave it in his house which he will eventually rent out. Other than that we are pretty sorted, although it's taking a while for BT to get our phone connected. It's bit of a pain because I can't get Sky TV & broadband installed until I have a land line. I really want to watch the France/England rugby game on sky tonight, so I kind of invited myself to Curto's... He then invited me for dinner as well, so it's all good!

Thursday night Steve & Kate had us round for dinner, which was lovely. It's great only having to walk across the horse paddock to get to their place now. Last night we had our first overnight visitors... My friend Jon & his wife Lorenza had flown in from Canada. They were only planning on dropping in for a cup of tea on their way to Wales, but their plane was delayed for 9 hours! They were too shattered to drive another 4 hours to Wales, so stayed for dinner then crashed for the night. They have invited us to their house in Canada for Christmas, so we shall see... It's quite tempting, they live right on a ski hill in Kimberly, BC, so Will was quite excited about that!Will is away in Nottingham this weekend playing at a Korfball tournament. They are camping, & I don't know what the weather is like up north, but it's pouring with rain at the moment here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home