Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home Alone

This morning I dropped Will off at Heathrow, as he is attending a conference in Helsinki, Finland for 2 nights. Something to do with robots & emotions I believe... More accurately, he drove to the airport as it was 7:30am & I was barely awake, then I returned the car home. He is presenting his paper tomorrow & I'm sure it will go well. He has been flat out at work lately & working some long nights, so this should be quite a nice little mini-break for him as he is one of the first people to present, & then he'll be able to relax a bit.

I enjoyed my rugby training tonight. We had a BBC crew filming us, as one of our players is featuring in a Horizon documentary that is currently being made. A neighbour had invited me round for dinner, but I said I would pop in after training for a glass of wine. Steve & Kate were also there so it was really nice catching up with them after their 2-week holiday in St Kitts.

This weekend is Reading festival, & Will & I, along with Steve & Kate & a few others from school have tickets. It is always a great weekend. Main headliners this year are Rage against the machine on Friday night, The Killers on Saturday night, & Metallica on the Sunday. I am also looking forward to The Fratellis, The Editors, The Plain White T's, & a kiwi band called Collapsing Cities.

Right, it is far too late & my bed calls. A super-king 4-poster is an awful lot of bed for just one person! Not that I can really complain, Will had 4 weeks of being home alone, & I've only got 2 nights...

By the way, I am now officially on Skype, & enjoyed a lovely long chat with my bro in Hong Kong yesterday. My username is lydia.browne so add me to your contacts & give me a bell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home