Monday, July 07, 2008

Wimbledon!

My holiday has started well. The highlight so far has been the postman turning up on Friday with my passport! I was starting to stress a bit, considering that I fly to Borneo on Thursday!!! I am now allowed to stay in the UK as long as I want, as long as I don't leave the country for more than 2 years. The next step is to apply for citizenship, and then I will be eligible for a UK passport. That is the master plan, because it means that when Will & I return to NZ, we can easily both head back to the UK & work should we wish...

On Thursday night I met up with Nicola in London & we headed for Wimbledon. It is her birthday a few days after I fly to Borneo, so we wanted to get together before then. We got the cheap 5pm tickets, but as soon as we got into the ground the heavens opened! We weren't too bothered, we spent an hour or so chilling out in the rain on Henman Hill & having a nice catch-up... On the way into the ground you pass through the walk of champions, so Nic felt obliged to give Roger a kiss...
The rain eventually cleared & so we decided to try & get charity tickets for centre court. When people leave for the day they can hand their tickets in, & they get sold for £5 each, with all proceeds going to charity. We manged to pick up a couple of fantastic tickets, & we watched the second half of Serena William's semi-final against Zheng, which had been delayed by rain.
It turned into a gorgeous summers evening, & they even had enough light to play the men's doubles semi after Serena had done the business against Zheng.
Will & I have just enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend. I got a bit of shopping done, picking up the last few things I needed for Borneo. We were both pretty tired & enjoyed long lie-ins on both days. This evening we watched pretty much all of the Wimbledon men's' final. What a match! We were both cheering for Nadal, so were happy that he finally managed to nail it.
No other news... The next post will probably be from Borneo. I'm not sure how much time & opportunity there will be to keep this updated, but will do so if given the chance...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home