Monday, September 08, 2008

A quiet weekend

I survived my first week back at school. So far it has been a smooth start, & my classes look pretty good, but very early days yet...

I'm pretty knackered though, it always takes me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things after my 9-week break... Friday night there were drinks in the common room, but I gave it a miss. Instead I had a nice evening on the sofa snuggled up to my lovely husband.

Saturday was also very quiet. This year I am on second activity for school which doesn't start until 11:40am. It meant I could have a lovely long sleep-in before heading to school to run my touch rugby session. The rest of the day was just spent pottering really, I'm struggling to recall what I actually did! Will & I had another very chilled night in with a nice dinner, a bottle of wine & a movie. I had a good chat to mum & dad in the evening, as well as catching up with Wayne in Australia.

This morning was another long lie-in, before a HUGE shop at the supermarket. Because we were away most of last weekend we hadn't done a major grocery shop for a couple of weeks, & the cupboards were pretty bare... I also managed to get hold of my bro in Hong Kong & had a nice skype chat with him. He has also just started his school year there.

This afternoon I had rugby training. We were meant to have a 'friendly' match against Oakmedians, a Bournemouth team who play a league above us, but we decided to cancel. We were quite short on numbers, plus we have a couple of new girls who haven't done much contact yet, so we though it would be more beneficial to do a hard physical full-contact training session amongst ourselves. I'm a bit battered & bruised after it, but it feels good. Our first league match is two weeks today.

Tomorrow I am on school duty so it will be a busy day starting with breakfast at 8am & finishing with dinner at 6pm, followed by locking up the school at 6:45. We only have to do it a couple of times per half-term so I can't really complain! On Tuesday my mate Simon Cushen from St Peter's is staying the night, before flying back to NZ on the Wednesday. He was looking forward to meeting Will, but unfortunately Will flies to Barcelona on Tuesday. He is presenting a paper at a robotics conference there & is away until Saturday.

So there you go, a rather mundane post I know, but I guess writing something is better than nothing, because I know how upset some of you get when I don't keep this up-to-date!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home