Sunday, February 07, 2010

Seven's Weekend!!!


Will & I had a fantastic time at the Wellington 7's. The Stadium is less than a 10 minute walk from my school so I went straight from school on Friday. I did wait a suitable amount of time for all the kids/parents to leave before putting on my outfit... On the Friday night Will & I watched the action from our 'proper' seats. The whole weekend in one huge fancy-dress party with the vast majority of the crowd in costume. Watching the crowd was often more entertaining than watching the rugby!
Some people had put some serious effort into their ensembles...My mate Marty, & his friends Ronnie, Chris & Tim had driven down from Hamilton on Thursday night & were staying at our place for the weekend. We didn't manage to catch up at all on Friday, but on the Saturday Will & I went & sat with them in their aisle. The stadium was sold out, but at any one time there are so many people at the bar or checking out the action around the concourse that it doesn't matter too much if you aren't in the right seat. Nobody was bothered about Will & I anyway...The weather was amazing for both days, beautifully sunny during the day, & really mild at night (although I had had a fair bit to drink by the end of both nights, so probably wouldn't have noticed if it was cold!).
Anyway, about the rugby... I did manage to watch the odd game... NZ lost their semi-final to Samoa, & then Fiji went on to beat Samoa in the final.

Today was understandably quite low-key... We saw off our house-guests around lunchtime. It's great having the space in our house to be able to accommodate guests comfortably. Will & I are both pretty knackered, but Will has been good & has spent most of the afternoon & evening doing some work that he wanted to get done. About the most I achieved was reading the Sunday paper!

My first week at school went well, the girls really are lovely. This week is camps week so the majority of the school are out at some stage. Tomorrow I'm off to Te Papa for the morning with my year 9 form class, then on Wednesday I'm off to the Otaki Marae with them for 3 days/2 nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home