Monday, February 07, 2011

Back to work

My remaining couple of weeks holiday since getting back from Hong Kong flew by. We appreciated coming home to lots of yummy things to eat in our garden. Our various house sitters did a superb job of looking after the place.Our next plan for the garden involves getting 3 or 4 chickens. We bought a coop off trade-me and have put it together. We now need to thoroughly fence off our vege gardens & check the boundary fences before we find ourselves some chooks. It is all very exciting! My mate Marty reckons I've been watching too much of 'The Good Life'...
The recent Wellington Anniversary day was glorious so Will & I went for a nice walk up the skyline track. It really is stunning up there, a fantastic place to have right on our doorstep.On the way home we came across some very interesting mushroom/toadstool thingies.Our route back through Otari-Wilton's bush also took us past the 600 year old rimu tree.
School has been back for 1 week now. It was bit of a shock to the system getting straight back into the swing of things after my nearly 7 weeks off. It is early days, but my classes look really good this year. I am excited about teaching the IB diploma.
The other change this year is that I have decided to 'un-retire' from rugby. I was planning on trialling for one of the two Wellington representative badminton teams, but as I was filling out my application I decided my heart wasn't really in it. Instead I will wait until next year when I am eligible for Masters & should be able to slot straight into the Wellington team there. I have been missing my rugby, so thought I would give it another crack while I (hopefully!) still have a good year or two left in me. I have decided to play for the Old Boys-University club (http://obu.org.nz) and am 'enjoying' pre-season training at the moment.
I'll finish with this very cute picture of our neighbours cat who has a habit of drinking from our birdbath!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home