Monday, December 06, 2010

Last week of school!

So, 4 days of the school year left to go... In fact it's only 2 'proper' days, as we finish at midday on the Thursday & Friday, & the mornings of both those days are taken up with clean-up/prize-giving practice/carol service etc. My first year at QMC has gone by super quick, & I have really enjoyed it.

This time next week Will & I will be on our way to the UK... We have 3 & a half weeks in the UK, then 4 nights with my bro in Hong Kong on the way back home. We are looking forward to catching up with lots of friends & family, although if we don't make it to your neck of the woods while we are over there, don't take it personally! We will be pretty full-on... We have had some glorious weather here of late, so the extreme winter conditions the UK is currently under will be a shock to the system.

We are loving our garden in the warmer weather. In the pic above you can see one of the several cabbage trees we have on our property. Will still thinks they are pretty exotic, even if they do drop their leaves all over our section! The hills you can see are where I took my photos from in my last post when I walked some of the skyline track.
A couple of weeks ago we bought a new rose 'Prospero'. It caught our eye at the garden centre, but we decided it would just be an impulse buy & we didn't really need it. We then saw a sign saying '25% off all roses' so decided it was meant to be! It really is stunning, the young flowers are a bright crimson two-tone, & then they fade to purple as they get older. It is gloriously scented as well.

Our white climbing roses have been growing like mad since I gave them a severe prune. I don't think they had had much attention for a while...

These flowers are also on the same terrace as the roses. I can never remember their name, but they are very pretty...

As are the petunias...

The vege garden is also growing like mad & we have our first courgette which is exciting. It will be big enough to eat before we head off which is nice. The sugar snap peas & runner beans have both reached the top of their support, I have never grown peas this tall!
Over the last couple of months I have had bit of a tomato nursery growing on our window sill, growing them from seed. Tonight I planted out the last of the seedlings. We have 3 tomato patches, so it will be interesting to see which ones do best.
That's about it this time round... This week will be busy getting everything ready for our big trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home