Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Rugby!

Well, its been busy times here, & my good intentions of trying to keep this blog fairly up to date have already gone astray! I had a great weekend, on Saturday I travelled to Cardiff with a mate from school to watch the Wales/Italy 6 nations rugby match. All I can say is the Millenium stadium is a FANTASTIC place to watch a game of rugby. Some of you Hamiltonians might remember Josh Sole. He played a bit for Waikato in the NPC & is a good mate of my brother. He has spent the last couple of seasons playing professional rugby for an Italian club, & has managed to get himself into the Italian team. Each player gets allocated 2 tickets for every game, & my brother couldn't make this match so very kindly donated the tickets to big sis. It rocked! We were in the Italian section & spent the whole game shouting "Italia, Italia" at the top of our voices! For those who aren't up with the play, Italy ended up drawing 18 all with the Welsh, which is a fantastic effort for them, although they did deserve to win. Josh played number 8, so got a fair bit of action... All in all it was a great day out, & I must confess that a fair amount of guinness was consumed throughout the day...

OK, so I admit, I didn't actually take this photo on the left, it was on a BBC sport website, but I thought it was pretty cool. He's doing all right for a Hamilton lad.

On the Sunday I had my own rugby, & we had a good 22-5 win. It was actually our last league game of the season which is bit of a shame, but we still have a cup match to play in a couple of weeks. I'm playing for Reading Ladies which is a pretty cool club. You should check us out at www.readingladies.co.uk. I believe I feature in some of the 'Brownie Camp' photos, which were from our end of season do last year! The english are obsessed with themes, we have them for nearly every single function, as you can probably tell if you have a look in the photo gallery on the website!
Aside from that, I'm just busy with the usual school stuff. We break up for Easter a week today, & then my mum & dad arrive here a week tomorrow. YAY!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing them, its been over 2 years... My school gets nearly 4 weeks holiday at Easter so I'm a bit spoilt really...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home