Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Winter has arrived...

Gidday,

It's been freezing the last couple of days, really cold & bitter. We haven't had any snow this far south yet, but it is being forecast over the next couple of days. They have been getting huge dumps up north. Had crazy weather last Thursday, a huge storm ripped the corrugated iron roof off one of the school sheds, & also felled several trees, some of which were over 100 years old. One of the PE staff was driving a minibus full of kids & had a big branch fall down & smash the windscreen as she drove down the drive.

It's been another very busy week at school, but it's exeat this weekend which means all the kids have to go home Friday night & we don't have to do our Saturday morning sport. I'm looking forward to a nice long sleep-in!!! I don't have a rugby match on Sunday either, so it really is a rare weekend off...

This weekend was good, if busy. I had my boys rugby Saturday morning, then Claire drove her & I over to Woldingham to catch up with our friend Nic who I hadn't seen since before Christmas. She is also teaching at a boarding school set in lovely countryside so we went for a nice walk, had a late lunch, & exchanged some Christmas pressies. It was a really nice afternoon. My rugby team had another good win on Sunday, 15-0 against Harlow away. I had another week of good training, so am gradually getting back to full fitness... Sunday night I also caught up with my mate Rog for a couple of hours. He lives in London but had been visiting friends in Southampton for the weekend, so dropped in on his way back home.

Not much other news... As I have said before, my blog really isn't that exciting when I'm not travelling! Speaking of travelling, I really need to start getting my Summer travel plans in place. I'm thinking of spending 4 weeks or so in South America, concentrating on Bolivia, Chile & Peru. The main aim is to trek the Inca Trail. Unfortunately this trip isn't going to happen unless I actually start doing some research & planning pretty soon! Summer 2008 is also starting to work itself out... The other Kiwi maths teacher at school is organising a World Challenge expedition to Borneo for 4 weeks & he asked me if I'm interested in going as a female member of staff. Too right I am!!! Nothing is definite yet, but it is looking like we might have the numbers for the trip to go ahead... Fingers crossed...

1 Comments:

At 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lyds, well I posted a comment in regards to your engagement! and also thought I would post another comment to tell you that I've posted one and to tell you our new contact details.

Addr: 240 Maru Road, RD1, Pukeatua. (we have almost finished building with our move in date the 19th Feb. I will send some pics of the completed house etc to your email address. It is still lbaumberg@hotmail.com?)

Phh: 07 872 4669 (but isn't connected until the 19th Feb)

mob: 027 228 7752

email: bpjones@xtra.co.nz or my work one which I don't check that often tamsin.brown@police.govt.nz (I go back to work on the 26th Feb)

anyway take care and email me your contact address (postal) and phone number.
lots of love
Tams

 

Post a Comment

<< Home