Friday, August 24, 2007

Domestic bliss...

Gidday,

Not much has happened since the last post... I have really enjoyed pottering around the house the last few days, it is slowly getting sorted. Today our fridge/freezer arrived, tomorrow we have a self-assembly garden shed turning up, then Tuesday our washing machine arrives! The sky engineer is booked in for Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to having TV again. There are so many trees around our new place that we don't get the terrestrial channels. Because the sky engineer has to come out anyway, they offered a very cheap deal to get sky + installed. It'll be great being able to record things & watch anything on sky at any time... It's a good thing I'm still on holiday to get these things sorted, it must be a nightmare trying to move house while still at work.

The only thing not going to plan at the moment is BT. they are proving to be an absolute NIGHTMARE to deal with! All I want to do is get the landline connected. The guy living in the flat before me had a landline, so it should be as easy as flicking a switch & telling me my new number. I rang BT last Wednesday & they said someone would get back to me in 5 working days, which never happened. I have wasted a couple of hours today just trying to get through to someone! I'm actually on hold to them at the moment as I'm writing this... Hopefully something will come of it... The line needs to be active by Wednesday or I'll have to reschedule the sky engineer.

On Monday night we went to the cinema with Steve & Kate to see the latest Harry Potter which I enjoyed. Tuesday night was dinner at Will's parents. His brother & family also live near his parents so we dropped in on them first. They have 3 kids under 5, & we had bought them back a few bits & pieces from South America which got them very over-excited! Last night I had rugby training which was good, although I do need a lot more fitness work. We've got the Bracknell 10's tournament in 2 weeks time! I've been getting to the gym a bit lately, & will also try & do a lot next week as well.

Tomorrow we're off to the Reading Festival!!! We have tickets for the Friday & Saturday. Tomorrow there are 2 other couples from school as well as us, plus 5 other assorted friends. Saturday it's just Will & I, & Steve & Kate. My friend Nicola is coming down tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing her. Razorlight & Ash are headlining the 2 main stages tomorrow, then on Saturday it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers & The View.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home