Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Over half-way through the holidays...

Last Tuesday was a bonus day with Will as the university give their staff an extra day off for Easter. That afternoon we headed into Lower Hutt for a spot of shopping. We got a great deal on a big 6-burner Masport end of line BBQ at the ginormous Harvey Norman centre. We then had a wander around the Queensgate shopping centre before grabbing some dinner in the food hall, then heading to the cinema to watch 'Boy'. We really enjoyed it, although the first 10 minutes or so was the best & had the whole cinema laughing out loud. It was a nice way for Will to end his Easter break.
On Wednesday I got my hair cut. It had been on the 'to do' list for a while, but it's hard to find the time during term time. I went to a place in Karori & was really pleased with the job that she did. I've spent the last 3 years or so growing out my spikes, but my hair had got longer & longer without really having any shape to it. I've now got some layers cut in, as well as a new fringe, & she also re-did my highlights that were last done in the UK, so a while back!

I can't really remember what I did on Thursday, so it can't have been anything too exciting... Thursday night I had badminton. I've joined the Wellington club that plays out of Badminton Stadium in Hataitai & I'm really enjoying it. There are only a handful of good quality ladies to play against, but they will also give you some men's doubles games for a bit of extra competition which is good.
Friday was an absolute stunner of a day so I decided to walk into the gym which takes about 45 minutes or so. You get glorious views of the harbour as you come down off Wadestown hill. My gym is about 5 minutes walk from the Cake-Tin rugby stadium which you can see in the above pic. On the way I came across the fattest tui in the whole world!
Saturday was also glorious so Will & I headed into the city centre. We had a browse through Frank Kitts market on the waterfront which was interesting. The waterfront was buzzing with lots of people taking advantage of the sunshine.
We watched some kids 'walking on water' in the aqua balls. Will thinks they'd be a great way to entertain his nieces & nephew when they come to visit us one day!
The saying goes 'you can't beat Wellington on a good day' & it's pretty much spot on. The city really does come into it's own when the sun shines & the wind dies down (& yes that does happen on occasion!)

We decided to take advantage of the weather by christening our new BBQ with some nice big juicy steaks for a late lunch (which also ended up being dinner as we were fill for the rest of the evening!)

One of our Saturday town jobs was to pick up a couple of screen prints by NZ artist Tony Ogle which we had put in to be framed. We bought them when we were freshly back in the country. We've only just got around to getting them framed, but they are now up on the wall & we really do love them. The first one is 'Rising Swell' which is a scene from Raglan, & the second is called 'Windows on Waitakere'
Yesterday was our two year Wedding anniversary, and almost 4 years to the day since I met Will. I couldn't have hoped to find a more wonderful, caring & kind husband. Here's to many more happy years...
Will actually had korfball till late last night, so we are having a celebratory meal tonight of roast chicken, roast veg, & a bottle of bubbles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home