Thursday, July 05, 2012

Holidays

My 3 week holiday has arrived, and it couldn't come soon enough. This last term was pretty hectic, right the way to the end where I had parent-teacher interviews for 3 hours on both the Tuesday and Thursday nights of the last week.

The Saturday before last my rugby team had the honour of playing at the Basin Reserve, our prem team's home ground. We were allowed to play there because we were celebrating Shorty's 100th game for OBU. It was pretty special for the girls to be able to play at such a historic ground. The changing rooms were certainly more roomy than what we are used to!
It was a good match against Wainui which we won 15-12. I have officially retired, but still help the team out with various bits and pieces on match day when I'm around.
Back at our clubrooms, the Cambridge Hotel, we had the official after-match function, then one of the girls (who conveniently happens to be a chef!) presented Shorty with a cake she had baked. It was pretty damn good!
She's an awesome player and an awesome chick, so it was great to see a big fuss made of her. 100 games for any club is a special achievement.

I have had a lovely chilled start to my holiday. On Saturday night Geoff and Richard came over to have a few drinks and play some cards. We did enjoy watching the 'Canes beat the Crusaders first... Rugby, red wine, cards, a roaring fire... Pretty much my idea of a perfect winters night in!

On Monday night Will & I went to the final Flight of the Conchords show with Em and Wayne. It was a brilliantly entertaining evening, they are incredibly talented. They opened with Too many dicks on the dancefloor, very similar to this version, right down to the same outfits! Business Time was another crowd favourite.

Yesterday I popped round to Hiria's for a bit to set up her house-warming present, a mini pop-up garden. I put several types of herbs in it, as well as a bit of lettuce, spinach and broccoli. I hope it grows!
I was planning on heading to the gym that afternoon, but got a bit distracted stacking firewood instead... 3 hours later... I haven't quite finished, I'll spend a bit of time finishing it up today. As you can see, it was quite a pile to stack!  
The chooks were out and about keeping me company as I worked in the garage. They enjoy making a mess by scratching all of the bark out of the front garden. They still haven't fully moulted, but they have lost a few feathers from their chests, so are looking a bit scraggly. Their egg production has slowed slightly in the cooler weather, but we are still getting at least 2 eggs a day, just not always the usual 3.
That's about all... Will flies to Philadelphia on Friday, then on Wednesday I fly down to Dunedin to spend a few days with the Roes. Shorty & her boyfriend are minding the house while we are away, she's pretty excited about looking after the chooks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home