Monday, March 20, 2006

Another weekend bites the dust...

Well another weekend is over, & that means only 3 days till my Easter holiday!!! Even better, it means only 4 days till my parents arrive! I'm rather excited about that, in case you didn't notice...

This weekend was a good one, I had a hen do on Saturday which was a lot of fun. We went quad biking in the afternoon which wasn't really my scene. I seem to have this innate fear of speed, & don't tend to enjoy anything where I feel like I'm out of control. It's why I didn't really take to mountain biking or snowboarding. I personally blame it on a spill on the luge at Rotorua when I was 10 or 11... I basically went sliding head-first down the track, chipping a tooth & grazing half my body in the process! A psychiatrist however would probably just tell me that I'm a control freak...

Anyway, back to the quad biking. I did end up enjoying it after all. We were on a track & had an hour or so just practicing, getting used to the bikes & the track, then we did some time trials (I didn't come last!) There were 8 of us, & we were all rather cautious to begin, leading the instructor to make some disparaging comment about how we were marginally faster than a group of grannies he'd had in the previous week! (how rude...) We did get better however, & ended up really going for it by the end of the session. I had one rather unfortunate incident where I took a corner far too fast, lost control, & crashed off the bike! Luckily we have to wear a safety wrist cord which cuts the engine if we come off, & the bike didn't land on top of me. I still managed to do a bit of damage to my right arm, my elbow hurts when I try & straighten the arm, but I figure that the fact that I can move it means it isn't broken! Come to think of it, my wrist is rather sore as well... Just as well I didn't have a rugby game today, the opposition cancelled because they couldn't put out a team (I think they were just scared of us...).

After the quad biking we went back to the bride-to-be's parents house for a couple of drinks, then headed out for dinner. It was a really enjoyable night. She is the fiance of one of my good mates from school, & I'm in the rather unique position of also being invited to the stag do! See, I really do mean it when I say that I'm just 'one of the boys' at school... The stag do promises to be a lot of fun. We leave in a week & a half for several nights in Scotland. We fly into Inverness & pick up a hire car. The first couple of days involve staying in a bunkhouse & knocking off a few Munroes (Scottish hills over 3000ft). We then drive to Edinburgh to meet up with those who for whatever reason couldn't/wouldn't go walking. It'll be me & a dozen or so blokes! Bring it on!!!

Well. thats about all from me, I've ended up writing far more than planned. The next time you hear from me I'll be on holiday. YAY!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:56 am, Blogger Who For? said...

Wow quad biking sounded great, I understand totally re the speed thing, I hate it too and I think it is also a lack of control and ok fear, probably of my own ability. Have a great time on the stag do and Easter break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home