Monday, September 22, 2008

It could almost be summer!

This week has also passed in a blur. It is scary how fast time seems to fly during term-time. We have had a gorgeous weekend weather-wise, probably the best since I got back from Borneo in early August. Will & I enjoyed sitting out in our garden on Saturday.
Today I had my first rugby game of the new season. We were at home to Teddington & enjoyed a 27-3 victory. It was good to get both the first game & first victory under our belts. Will came & watched in the sunshine. It was almost too hot for rugby & I've got bit of a headache now, probably from lack of fluids. I am the green & white number 1 in the photo above, lifting at the front of the line-out.
This water-colour above was painted by Richard, my deputy head at Bearwood who also happens to coach my rugby team, and is a man of many talents. At the time of our wedding he promised that he was going to paint us a picture as a wedding present, but that he wouldn't have a chance to do it until the summer holidays. He gave it to us a couple of weeks ago & we love it. For those that don't know it is the back view of Bearwood College. By the way, that glowing object in the sky isn't the sun, it just happens to be the flash from my camera. It works quite well though I think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home