Monday, April 20, 2009

1 week down, 5 to go...

The above was a present from Will's parents, who decided to combine an Easter plus wedding anniversary gift! We broke them open tonight because we had left them on the kitchen bench & it was such a nice warm day the sun had melted holes in their backsides!
I've had a good start to the new term. It's quite sad thinking that it will be my last one at Bearwood. Then again, 6 years is a good amount of time to spend at a school. We had a teacher only day Tuesday afternoon, then the kids were back on Wednesday. The summer term is always my favourite. The sun is shining, every ones spirits rise, plus it is always quite short! We have half-term in 5 weeks.
We had glorious weather this weekend. On Friday night my friend Jon stayed. He had dropped his wife off at Heathrow & stayed the night before driving back up to Scotland on Saturday. I cooked a nice dinner & we caught up over a few glasses of wine.
On Saturday morning after seeing Jon off I played a couple of hours of touch rugby. It was the first real test of my knee & it came through fine. If you remember I tore my medial ligament playing rugby back in October & it has taken this long to repair itself. I went for my first run on Tuesday morning, then went to rugby training on Wednesday night, but obviously didn't do any contact. It was mostly for a bit of fitness & to catch up with the girls. I also spent a couple of hours on Saturday playing Shaun White Snowboarding on the wii. It is great fun, Will & I are loving it! You snowboard using the wii fit balance board & it's fantastic, & very addictive. I also fitted in a gym session Saturday evening while Will was at volleyball, so it ended up being quite an active day!
The weather today was superb & we spent most of it outside in the garden. Will actually did a lot of gardening, but I must admit I mostly sat in the sunshine reading the Sunday paper! It's really starting to feel like summer is on its way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home