Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Sightseeing in Hong Kong

Today was a big sight-seeing day, with Warren playing tour guide to Kevin & I. We started off with delicious Yum-Cha for breakfast at one of his local restaurants. We were seated at a table with 3 local women who found us very entertaining! Especially Kevin as he struggled to get his chopsticks under control!!!
We then headed out to Ngong Ping 360 which is a cable car that takes you up to see the big budda. Unfortunately it was a pretty rubbish day, cloudy with rain showers. I can imagine the views from the cable car would be stunning on a clear day. As a tourist attraction, the big budda is a bit lame. Nevertheless, it was attracting a lot of people, especially considering the weather...

We then spent some time wandering around a shopping centre devoted to factory outlets, so I was obviously in my element... I'll go back in the next few days to give it a really good going over without feeling like I'm holding the guys up.We then spent several hours visiting some of the various neighbourhoods in Hong Kong, ranging from local type markets where we were some of the only westerners, to the main tourist drag. We finished off by catching the famous star ferry from Kowloon, back over to Hong Kong Island. Again, I'll probably do it again when (if!) I get a clearer day, because the views of the skyline would be stunning.

Once back in Warren's neighbourhood of Sai Wan Ho, we had a very nice dinner at a tiny little Japanese restaurant round the corner from his apartment. Tomorrow will be another big day as we are planning on getting up early & catching the ferry over to Macau. Warren & Kevin have a mid-afternoon flight to Singapore, so I will bid them adios & get the ferry back to Hong Kong by myself in the afternoon. I then have Wednesday & Thursday at my disposal, before flying back to the UK Friday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home