Monday, April 06, 2009

The Terracotta Warriors

When I arrived at Xian train station there was someone from my hostel to meet me for a free pick-up, which was nice. I wouldn't have been in any state of mind after my nightmare of a trip to find it for myself! My room obviously wasn't ready for me that early in the morning, so I stashed my big pack in the luggage room, got a bit of breakfast, freshened up as best I could, & then at 9:30am, headed out on my Terracotta Warriors tour which I had booked through the hostel. It was very cool, although stupidly busy since it was a festival weekend... The sheer numbers of them are amazing, & those are just the ones that have been restored. Thousands more exist that are either a work in progress, or haven't even been excavated yet.

Needless to say, I slept VERY well on Saturday night! I had treated myself to a private room, & it was pure bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home