Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Xian

After my 2 days without sleep, I enjoyed a lovely lie-in on Sunday morning. The hostel I was staying in was fantastic. It had a really nice bar & cafe, plus lots of cool little courtyard area for hanging out in. Xian is surrounded by thick city walls, & the hostel was located right next to the south gate.
Once I finally stirred myself, I spent a few hours wandering around the city. The Terracotta Warriors is the main reason most people visit, but it was a pleasant enough place to pass a bit of time. I had a nice walk through one of the city parks where the blossom is just starting to come out. I bet it is stunning in a couple of weeks.I then caught the airport bus for my 5:15pm flight back to Shenzhen airport. This time I flew with Hainan Air, & they were great, I even enjoyed my meal this time round, not a pig intestine in sight... From Shenzhen I managed to get a bus that was leaving straight away to cross the border & take me back to Hong Kong. The bus dropped me somewhere different from my outward journey, but I got a local to point me in the direction of the nearest MTR (underground) station & made it back to Warren's with no hassle. On the Saturday, Warren's friend Kevin who he used to teach with in London had also arrived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home