Friday, March 24, 2006

Holiday Time

This is my favourite time to be a teacher. School Holidays!!! It's lovely having 3 & a half weeks stretching out in front of me... Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't gloat too much, I know a few of you get a bit annoyed with me rubbing it in!

I picked up mum & dad from Heathrow yesterday morning, they had a good trip over. They were knackered though, with several days of not sleeping properly. It's great to see them. They must have had a good nights sleep & be feeling better because they are out on a walk as I write this. Tomorrow I am taking them to the London Irish v Sale Guinness Premiership rugby match. London Irish are my local team & play at Madejski Stadium in Reading. Sale are top of the table at the moment & Irish are third, so it should be a cracking game. It also happens to be the St Paddy's day match, being the closest home game to St Patrick's day. I haven't been before but have heard it's a great day out, with bands & entertainment, basically one big party with a bit of rugby thrown in for good measure!

On Monday I'm doing a one-day booze run to France with Steve & Rich. Steve needs to pick up some more wine for his wedding on April 8th. He had enough to start with but was so well organised & got it so far in advance that he has ended up drinking some of it! I'm looking forward to re-stocking my celler, I can pick up some of my favourite NZ whites & Aussie reds for half the price than you can in the UK. In fact some of the kiwi wines are cheaper to buy in France than they are back home! (not quite sure how that works...). I think that the little car we are taking is going to be fairly close to the ground on the drive home!

On Wednesday it is off to Scotland for Steve's stag do for several nights, then when I return from that I haven't got much planned. I'll probably do a bit of tripping around the UK with the olds, & I also need to hit the gym pretty hard, as that was a bit neglected during the last couple of weeks when I was flat-out at school... Speaking of school, I could probably benefit from a day or 2 up in my classroom as well, sorting a few things out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home