Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Waitangi Day

Gidday,

Unlike probably most of you reading this, I had to work Waitangi Day today. It did happen to be a mufti day at school so at least I got to wear my All-blacks jersey... In the past we have flown the NZ flag from the tower at school & had the place under Kiwi rule for the day, but this year the flag was at half-mast for a scholar who left last year & was killed in a train accident at Wokingham station. His funeral was on Monday & somehow we didn't feel it appropriate...

It's only 3 days until half-term where I get a weeks holiday. I can't wait, I'm pretty knackered at the moment. School has been quite busy, the weather has been cold & miserable, & I've been struggling to shake off a cold the last week or two. More snow is forecast for Thursday morning, so hopefully it will happen. I'm not doing a huge amount over half-term, apart from sleeping in, chilling out, & training hard at the gym. On Tuesday 13th Will has booked tickets for us to go see the Lion King in London as a Valentine's day treat, so I'm really excited about that. It's the one show I really wanted to see. We have also booked to see Faust on 31st March. This production is being held over 5 floors of a disused London Warehouse & the audience is free to wander. I have a friend who is a drama teacher & she absolutely raved about it, said she has never seen anything like it. It made the top 5 'must-sees' list of the Sunday Times, so must be pretty special. The last weekend of half-term we are spending in Bournemouth. We're going to the wedding of one of Will's friends on Saturday 17th Feb, & that also happens to be Will's birthday. My birthday is 3 days later so we thought it would be nice to book into a hotel for the Friday & Saturday & make a weekend of it.

No more news from me, keep in touch, it is always lovely to hear from people, even if it is just a quick hi. Roll on half-term!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home