Friday, May 25, 2007

1 day to go...

This school year is going incredibly quickly. I have 1 week off for half-term starting Saturday, then it's only 3 & a half weeks till my summer holidays. Over the last couple of days it has turned really hot. That, combined with all the rain we had last week, has meant the garden is growing like mad! My sunflower 'seedlings' are now up to my knees!! The rose below is the one that Will bought me for Valentines day this year. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but he bought it mostly because of its gorgeous scent. Last night we lost our touch game 7-3. It was against the top team in the league, who I'm fairly sure will win the whole competition. We were sitting in 2nd place, but that loss takes us down to 4th. We play teams who are below us in the next 2 weeks though, so hopefully we'll win at least one of them. Since it was such a lovely evening we had a BBQ round at Stevo's after the match. We called it a night at around 1ish, which isn't quite the 2-3am efforts of old! We might all be getting a bit sensible in our old age... People were quite perky at the 8:40am chapel service this morning, & that didn't happen much during the touch season last year! The 'after-match function' is at my place next week, since it's half-term & all the kids in the boarding house have gone home. It should be a good night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home