Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy Times

No piccies on this post I'm afraid... My camera batteries are flat, & the lead for my charger appears to be mislaid somewhere in the packing & moving home process. I'm sure it'll turn up one of these days!

Last week was mad, absolutely manic in fact. It was partly self-inflicted of course... Will & I did a crazy IKEA trip on Tuesday night. I'm hoping that IKEA has made it to NZ by the time we are back there & ready to outfit our home, I love the place! Our closest store is Wembley in London, which can take up to a couple of hours when there is a lot of traffic on the M4. Will's cunning plan was to leave at 8:30pm. We got there in 45 minutes, shopped until the store closed at midnight, then were back home by 1am! We got loads of very cool stuff, including more bookcases & CD towers to match the ones I already had, a huge new bathroom cabinet (the old one was grotty, plus I filled it all up on my own before Will had a chance to get near it!), as well as some curtains, & some very cool sheer, shimmery drapes for our 4-poster bed.

Wednesday night was rugby training for me & Korfball for Will, then Thursday night I had a new parents evening starting at 5:45pm, which I then had to leave early to do a duty in the boarding house until 11pm. Somehow that week I also found a bit of time to organise our house warming party for Friday night!

The house warming was a really good fun night, so thanks to anyone reading this who made the effort to come along. I made it to bed at around 3am, but some of Will's Korfballers were staying the night & continued partying for a bit longer. I woke up on Saturday feeling a bit rough (must have been the rum punch I was drinking all night...), then had to be at school by 10am to coach my rugby boys! I was very impressed to get back from rugby & find that Will & my friend Roger had done a fantastic job of clearing the whole place up! Cheers guys!!! They had done all the dishes, & even hoovered, so the place was cleaner than before the party!

The rest of Saturday, as you might imagine, was very quiet. It involved a lot of lounging around on the couch watching sport! I took in NZ's semi-final loss in the Twenty20 cricket world cup, as well as all 3 world cup rugby games on offer.

Sunday I had my first league match of the season for rugby, & we got off to a good start with a 24-7 win. Our team looks quite solid this year, probably one of the best Reading Ladies team since I've been at the club, so hopefully we'll have a good season. I was feeling pretty good after the match, so when my mate Ricky asked me if I could make up a foursome for a game of badminton that night, I agreed. It was really nice to have a hit, as it's been a while, but I was hurting all over on Monday!

This week is very sedate compared with last, & then I've got exeat weekend to look forward to, which means no Saturday morning rugby to coach. On Saturday night Will & I are going into London to see 'Mask of the Red Death' which is meant to be excellent. Will gave it a test-run on Thursday night with his brother, to make sure it's not too scary for me! The same company who did the Faust production we loved are doing it, so it should be a good night out. I don't have rugby this Sunday so am looking forward to a nice big sleep-in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home