Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to work

Just a quick update...

The rest of the week has flown by, & it's back to school tomorrow. I can't really complain though, as we only have 3 & a half weeks this half-term, then we break up for our 3 & a half week Easter holiday!!! I know, it's a bit mad really...

My birthday on Wednesday was really nice. Will spoilt me with a cushion for my big reclining wooden sun-lounger, & also a very cool wood-burning Chimina for the patio, both of which will be fantastic for the summer. He also got me Jack Johnson's latest CD. We have tickets to go see Jack at Hyde Park in the summer which will be cool. Wednesday night I bunked rugby training (we didn't have a match on Sunday, & it WAS my birthday) & we had take-out Chinese with a nice bottle of wine. Yum yum yum! Earlier that day we had our interview at the registry office, & formally gave notice of our intent to marry, so there is no backing out now!

Thursday I had a visit from Claire who bought me a bag of birthday goodies, plus cake! That night Will & I went into London to see Nada Surf play at Scala, which is a venue a couple of minutes walk from King's Cross station. They are an American Indie band that Will likes, & despite the fact that I was pretty tired, & didn't really know any of their songs, I thought they were good. Will obviously really enjoyed it.

Friday I bought my wedding dress. Yay!!! I really love it, & not being traditional at all, am showing it off to anyone who is around! In fact I tried it on for Will in the shop on Wednesday afternoon to make sure he liked it. Friday was also a sad day for little MOF, my car which I've had for the last 5 years. Poor old MOF didn't pass his MOT & needs a bit of work done. Expensive work by the sounds of it... We've decided to go ahead with it, & try & get 1 more year out of him. I haven't actually spent much on him the 5 years I've had him. When he dies I won't buy another, as I think we could get by with just Will's car if we are only going to be here for another year or so...

Saturday was our booze-run to France! It was all very easy crossing on the Chunnel. There is something a bit odd about driving onto a train, then being whisked under the English Channel for half an hour, then being in France. We bought all our wedding wine & saved loads. We went for a Montana Sauv Blanc, & a Rosemount Estate Shiraz, both of which cost £7 to £8 over here. In France they were just over £3 each & we got LOADS, so no one is going to go thirsty... Steve came with us & we had a good day out, with a nice lunch in a small French pub (the same one we ate at when we went with you Rich). Even taking into account the cost of getting there, we reckon we saved several hundred pounds on buying our wine in the UK.

Today was report day, as all juniors are due tomorrow. I had 5 classes to do, & pretty much knocked them all off in one foul swoop today. I did start the week with good intentions of doing a few a day, but I ended up being far too busy enjoying my holiday! I've got the odd one or two still to do, but they aren't due till 5:30pm tomorrow, & I have a non-contact before then...

That's all my news... Tomorrow we lose our house guests, my cousin Renee & her fiance Jeremy who have been staying with us on & off over the last 3 weeks. Jeremy has a job starting in London tomorrow, so he left this afternoon, & Renee is flying back to NZ tomorrow for 3 & a half weeks for her sister's wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home