Monday, February 11, 2008

Survived my rugby!

Today I had my first game back after injuring my knee a few weeks ago. It was just a 'friendly' against Witney Angels, who play in a league of a similar standard to ours, but in the Oxfordshire area. We won 15-5, & that was with 14 players! In fact we only had 13 players for the last 5 minutes or so after one of the opposition decked our hooker with a great punch that she caught right in the face! It was then that they scored their try. My knee came through unscathed. It helps that one of the girls in my team is a physio, so she strapped it up pretty good. I'll probably strap it for every game from now on... Next week is the biggie against Thurrock, away. They are top of the table & beating teams by an average of 20 points plus, but when they played us at home they only won 5-0.
Friday night I helped supervise a Valentines day ball at school that the kids going to Borneo had organised as a fundraiser. They did a really good job, & it was an enjoyable night for all with no trouble. The staff were having a few drinks in the common room as well, so I spent my night going between the two. Saturday I was on mansion duty at school, so was there from 8:30 in the morning till detention finished at 2:30pm. It's my only school duty this term, so I can't really complain... The rest of the afternoon I spent watching the six nations rugby. The weather here lately has been pretty good, Will has cycled to work most days in the last fortnight. It's also getting lighter in the evenings which is really nice. It's just about still light when I walk home from school most days at around 5:30. The bizarre weather is playing havoc with my flowers once again. All my daffodils are coming out, & it's only the start of Feb!

Only 3 days of school till half-term! I'm looking forward to my trip to wales for 3 nights starting Thursday, even if it does mean deserting Will on Valentines day!!! I arrive back on his birthday on Sunday, but will only have time to grab my rugby gear & head straight to the club, as we have a coach booked for Thurrock. My birthday is then on the Wednesday of half-term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home