Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you all, I hope you saw it in in style... Our barn dance was really good fun, it was quite a tame night really, we were home by 1am. It's hard to find time to drink that much amongst all the dancing. I did wake up on new year's day with sore legs, it's a great workout... I had a couple of the rugby girls stay the night at ours. One of them had arrived from holidaying in Australia that night! She landed at Heathrow, got the railair bus to Reading, took a cab from there to Bearwood & turned up at the dance with all her stuff. How's that for commitment!!!

As I write this, Will has just delivered me a cup of tea. He is very good at making tea for me exactly as I like it... A very important quality in a future husband!

Speaking of marriage stuff, in case anybody has missed the news, we are all-go for the 12th April. We managed to get the very last slot at the registry office for that morning, so it's obviously meant to be... The plan is a very small service in the morning, then a big hog-roast party at Bearwood that evening. That is of course if the Home Office gives me permission to marry... Being a foreigner I need to apply to them for a £300 'Certificate of Approval for marriage' so they can be happy that I'm legit & not marrying Will just to stay in the country. We are both straight back to work after the wedding, so won't have a chance to go away anywhere. Instead we've booked a 1 week 'honeymoon' at a very nice resort in Gambia a couple of weeks before the wedding.

Not much other news, I've just been chilling out & enjoying my last few days of holiday. Last night we had a few of my colleagues over for dinner which was most enjoyable. I cooked fajitas, one of my favourite foods in the world. Today I hit the gym for the first time in 2008. Hopefully the first of many training sessions this year... I know I probably think that at the start of every new year, but this year I have my world challenge expedition to Borneo in July to train towards. I need to get seriously fit, we are climbing Mt Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South-East Asia at just over 4000m. It's a great looking mountain, I'm trying to motivate myself with the picture below...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home