Monday, January 21, 2008

Wet Wet Wet

We've had SO much rain lately, although this week the weather is supposed to improve. I read about one place, whose name escapes me, who had their average weekly rainfall in just 3 hours!

I've had a busy but good weekend. I was shattered at the start of it after a very long day on Friday. It's the only day of the fortnightly timetable where I teach all 6 lessons without a non-contact. I then did my usual after-school session at the gym, & was showered & changed just in time to head back to school for a 5:45 5th form parents evening. I didn't get out of there until nearly 8. Others were going to the pub, but I went home & blobbed on the couch in front of a rugby game.

Saturday night we had a few people round at our place as bit of a welcome function for the new gappies. Each year starting in January we get a male & female on their gap year from Oz, & this year we have Annie & Alex. People bought along tapas-style finger food to share & we spent a very pleasant evening eating, drinking, & chatting.

Today was rugby, but my knee wasn't up to it. I can't run on it yet, which is a minor problem! We won 20-0 but it wasn't a great game. They turned up with only 13 players, & when we played their full team in the first round we won 24-0. We have a bye next week, then a friendly the week after, so I now have a bit of time to get back to full fitness. I managed 45 minutes of light cycling tonight, & it wasn't as sore afterwards as when I did similar on Friday. The steam-room & spa pool I enjoyed after my workout today probably helped. I really do love my gym.

Tomorrow Will & I are having dinner at his Auntie & Uncle's place. They only live 15 or so minutes away in Twyford, but I haven't actually met them yet. We thought we'd better get organized so I could meet them before the wedding! It is his mum's twin sister.

3 weeks until half-term & counting! Bring it on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home