Sunday, December 23, 2007

A bit chilly!


Yesterday was very cold, too cold to snow even. The temperature didn't get above freezing all day, & it was supposed to get down to -15 overnight. It was a glorious day however, with clear blue skies. The guys were having a rest day from the slopes, so we went into Kimberley for a couple of hours in the morning, as they've been too busy skiing to think about Christmas shopping! That afternoon Jon & I went for a long walk. It was beautiful, but bloody hard going. We climbed up a hill to get some lovely views over the area, but then up on the plateau we had to trudge through knee deep powder, which was knackering to say the least! Oh well, it's all good fitness I suppose...
When we got back there were two deer in the back yard who let me get very close to them. In the bottom photo you can just about make out Will watching them from the kitchen window. They were enjoying walking along the path he had dug out!

Today Jon & Will are back on the slopes. Lorenza dropped them at the ski hill this morning. I'm enjoying a nice relaxing morning pottering around. I might wrap a few Christmas pressies, then I'm planning on heading out for a walk by myself this afternoon. Tonight we've all been invited to a winter solstice party at their next door neighbours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home