Monday, March 10, 2008

1 & a half weeks till holidays!

I know, I really do spend a good proportion of my life counting down till the next holiday! This time in 2 weeks we'll be in Gambia on our 'honeymoon before the wedding'. It's all coming up a bit quickly, we both still need to get our malaria tablets sorted out.

The week at school also went very quickly, partly because I've been so busy. On Thursday night was the 'Spring spectacular' at school which is basically a variety show with the winning house singing entries, various different bands performing, solo singers, acting & comedy. It was an enjoyable night, finished off by the 'Bearwood Admirals' who are our cheerleading squad who recently won their division at a national competition. Rik & I ran the bar before the show & during the interval to raise funds for our Borneo trip in the summer.

It was exeat this weekend meaning a nice long sleep-in, instead of having to get up to coach my rugby boys. On Saturday afternoon my friend Nicola came to visit from Kent, & bought with her a lovely guy she has been seeing a bit of recently. I cooked a nice Thai green curry, which we washed down with a fair quantity of Montana Sauv Blanc. We were just testing the wedding wine to make sure it was up to standard! I think it passed the test... On Saturday I also potted my squash/courgette/pumpkin/sweetcorn seedlings which were all about 10-15cm tall! It's pretty impressive considering I only planted them from seed last Saturday! Every available inch of window space is taken up with seedlings at the moment. After I write this I might get a few more things underway in the propagator.

Today I had rugby & we lost 10-7, which was frustrating. We did OK though because due to injuries & unavailability we played the whole match with only 14 players. I got player of the day for the forwards, which I'm not convinced I deserved. I played OK, but am still a bit broke with my knee & shoulder not quite right... We have a couple of weeks off now which will be nice, it should give me a chance to get back to full fitness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home