Monday, March 17, 2008

3 days of school left...

I break up on Wednesday afternoon for a 3 & a half week Easter holiday. Early Friday morning Will & I are off to Gambia for a week for our 'honeymoon'. I've been keeping a close eye on the weather over there, not that I really need to, it's fairly consistent! Bring on the sunshine!!!
The photo below is our neighbours, Steve & Kate's cat Sawyer. That window is actually 2-storeys high, & he climbs down off the roof to sit on the window-sill.We are separated from Steve & Kate's by a horse paddock which the stables use to give their steads a bit of 'free time'. I'm not a huge horse fan, but there are a few nice ones which will eat grass out of my hand.
This weekend was good. I had a form 1 parents evening on Friday night which went well. I teach top set form 1, & they are a lovely class, so it was all very positive. On Saturday I had a big day out with the rugby girls. We were having bit of a farewell for Taff, our brilliant backs coach who is leaving us at the end of this season. He is in the army & is being posted away. The plan was to meet in the pub that sponsors us at midday, ready to watch the first of 3 six nation rugby games. We were all wearing red t-shirts with Taff's photo on the back, & we also had Taff masks. He was very surprised to say the least, & a bit overcome. He was presented with a t-shirt with our team on the back & 'once a lady always a lady' written on it. They also took the opportunity to put me through a bit of ritual humiliation by making me wear a wedding dress & veil for the day. The dress is bit of a Reading ladies institution & everyone who has gotten married over the years (& there has been a few!) has had to do a stint in it. I'm not quite sure why I thought I'd get away without it... I might put a few pics up once I get some off the girls. We watched all 3 rugby games & consumed our fair share of beverages. Will came & picked me up at 7pm & I was shattered! We were supposed to go to Scott & Sarah's engagement party that night, but Will went by himself. I wasn't up to it... Today I did my usual weekly top-up of all the bird-feeders. You can see in the picture above taken mid-week that they were getting a bit low. They do love my feeding stations, it's not unusual to have up to a dozen various birds in the garden at one time. The latest visitor is a beautiful pheasant. The pictures are a bit blurry because they were taken through our dining room window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home