Monday, April 07, 2008

Snow!!!

We woke up this morning to see everything blanketed in snow. I can't actually believe it is snowing in April! More is forecast over the next few days as well. The bonus was that my rugby was cancelled due to the weather. This meant I could go to Heathrow with Will & meet my mum & dad & nana. They had a good trip over, apart from having to sit on the tarmac for an hour & a half after landing, due to the snow. They are obviously pretty shattered from the trip & have turned in for an early night. They said that flying in with the whole of the UK covered in snow was an amazing sight.

I'm planning an early night myself, I've had a few late nights recently, then travelled up to York with Rik for the world challenge leaders conference. It was very informative, & was great to get tips & advice from others who had been to Borneo with World Challenge before. It was just an awful long way to travel for a 1-day conference.

Nothing much else to report really... We are finally starting to feel sorted for the wedding on Saturday. We bought rings & a suit for Will on Wednesday, then did an Ikea trip Thursday night for a few bits & pieces. Among other things we got some lanterns & candles for the wedding, & a few storage type cabinets for the house. I was in my element on Friday making up some flat-pack furniture before I left for York!

This time next week I'll be Mrs Browne, which is very exciting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home