Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Back to School

The good news is there are only 5 & a half weeks until the Christmas holiday! Yay!!!

I had a very good weekend. On Friday night quite a large group from school went to our local pub, the Walters Arms. It had changed hands & been closed for ages, but Friday was opening night. We've missed having a pub within easy walking distance. The new owners have done it up nicely, they have turned it more into a nice restaurant/wine bar type place, as opposed to a local boozer. The new menu is vastly improved.

Saturday was great for catching up with people. We had a visit from cousin Renee & her fiance Jeremy who were visiting from London. It was great to see them & hear about their exciting travels over the summer. Then I had Nicola arrive, who I hadn't seen for positively ages, & then Claire & Mike also came over! Nicola stayed the night so I cooked a ginormous lasagne which we washed down with a couple of bottles of red. While preparing dinner the house was plunged into darkness due to a power-failure, so we made it nice & cosy with loads of candles everywhere. Luckily we have a gas oven so the lasagne could still cook! I called the school emergency maintenance number & the guy on the phone rang the electrician for me, then was able to talk me through how to get some power back on. There was still a fault with sockets in most of the house, but at least we had lights. On Sunday they sent the school electrician over and he managed to get all the sockets working except the ones in our bedroom. There is something gone wrong with them, & he is expecting it to be quite a headache to sort. We are making do without at the moment...

Will, Nicola & I spent most of Sunday morning doing some school/uni work before Nic headed off. I was actually quite impressed with the amount of work I did during my 'holiday'. I marked the book of nearly every kid I teach, plus made bit of a start on my reports. I had an enjoyable first day back today, but it's going to be a pretty manic 2 weeks with all the report deadlines looming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home