Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2 weeks until half-term!

Well, I'm one day later than I usually write, but I'm sure you have all coped! The pic below isn't really anything to do with this post, but it's a lovely view of our house looking from across the horse paddock, & I haven't posted any pictures for a while... Firstly an injury update... I went to the doctor Friday morning who just confirmed my initial self-diagnosis; a partial tear of the medial ligament. He thought I'd be out for around 4 weeks, but we shall see. I'm usually a pretty quick healer... The NHS isn't very well set up for sports injuries over here. The doctor said that physio would be useful in my recovery, but then said the waiting list in the area is 3 weeks. I could go privately, but I'm too tight to fork out £30 per session! One of the girls in my rugby team is a physio & has given me some exercises to do, and has said she'll do some ultra-sound on me when it settles down a bit. One of my colleagues at school who lives on-site has a wife who is also a physio & he said he's sure she wouldn't mind taking a look at it if I wanted.

The week passed by very quickly, although I was pretty shattered, as I hadn't been sleeping well due to the knee. Only being able to hobble is also tiring, it takes me forever to get up the stairs to my classroom! I have been doing far too much school work out of hours lately, most nights I've had at least a couple of hours of marking.

On Friday night we had a visit from Will's half-sister Caroline, her two children Oscar & Emma, plus a couple of extra family friends. They were over from Denmark & were the only remaining members of Will's immediate family I hadn't met. I cooked a roasted butter-nut squash risotto for dinner & we had a lovely evening getting to know each other.

Saturday was pretty quiet. I survived my morning touch rugby session at school by reffing from the sideline. It was then home to bake some scones for lunch - very domesticated I know... I watched a bit of rugby in the afternoon & pretty much just chilled out. I even managed a siesta for a few hours while Will was at volleyball. Dinner Saturday night was pan-fried salmon fillets with some veges from the garden.

On Sunday I went to watch my rugby team play. They drew 12-all against Camberly & it was pretty frustrating being on the sideline & not being able to do anything. They played well, but I think they should have won. It was a glorious day, one of the sunniest in ages. Poor old Will didn't get a sleep-in as he was off to the University to attend some seminars given by outside speakers that were relevant to his field. Unfortunately, because I was such a slacker on Saturday I had LOADS of schoolwork to do Sunday after I got back from rugby, so the rest of the evening was spent on that. However I did find time to cook a roast-chicken, with corn on the cob, & mashed potatoes & gravy for dinner. I was really in the mood for cooking this weekend for some strange reason. Work avoidance probably...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home