Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Half-term -Harvest Time

With the first frost of the season forecast for tomorrow, Will & I decided to harvest the last of the produce from our vege garden. It looks like we'll be eating a LOT of pumpkin soup! I may even carve one of the pumpkins for Halloween. All we have left in the garden now are some runner beans which we are letting go to seed to use for next year.

My last week of school passed in a blur. It was lovely having Jon stay on Thursday & Friday night. I hadn't seen him since Will & I spent Christmas with him & his wife at their house in Canada.

I don't have a huge amount planned for my week off. I was supposed to go walking in Devon for a few days with my friend Nicola, but had to cancel due to my injured knee. It is making progress, but I still don't have full range of movement yet. My physio thinks that I should have better movement after 3 weeks if it is just ligament damage as initially diagnosed. She is now wondering whether I have damaged the meniscus. I'll do loads of re-hab work over the week, already I'm noticing a big improvement from doing some exercises in the hydrotherapy pool at the gym. Aside from that, I have loads of school reports to write. They are due a couple of weeks after I get back but the more I knock off this week the better.

Will is working late tonight, he has been asked to chair the Cafe Scientifique evening at a pub near the university. Tonight the speaker is one of his colleagues who has created the worlds first robot controlled by a biological brain. If you're interested in a bit more information the link is:

http://www.reading.ac.uk/about/newsandevents/Events/Event17802.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home