Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fat Freddy's and Flu

I arrived home from my boarding duty on Thursday night to find one very ill husband. He had been hit hard by a bug/virus of some kind and was really feeling rough. He had Friday off work, so obviously wasn't in any state to come watch Fat Freddy's Drop play at the Camden Roundhouse Friday night. Instead my mate Curto came with me. It was a great show, well worth seeing. They really are just too cool for school... The only problem is that their tracks last FOREVER. They had played for well over 2 hours when 11pm rolled around, so we decided to miss the encore & make a move, in case we missed the last train home. It turned out to be a brilliant decision, as we made the last train leaving Waterloo with about 1 minute to spare! If we had missed it it would have meant a long trek across London to Paddington, & trains from there didn't stop at the station where we had parked the car.

Unfortunately I woke up on Saturday feeling like death, & I hadn't even drank anything the previous night to blame it on! Will & I both spent all of Saturday & Sunday in bed feeling miserable, & I also had yesterday off school. My first sick day in about 4 or 5 years! I managed to go in today & survived the whole day, but I'm pretty shattered. I'm planning on a very early night tonight. Tomorrow is my last day of school, but it is a killer! We've got normal lessons before lunch, followed by my normal games which is rugby house matches tomorrow, so I'll only have to watch & maybe run a touchline. We then have a final headmasters assembly for the term at 4:30pm for an hour or so. That is followed by Christmas dinner in the dining room for all of the senior school. Turkey with all the trimmings, it's usually a good feed. We then leave the dining hall & go straight to the chapel for a candlelit carol service. At about 8:30pm we finally get to go home & are officially on holiday! Actually, that's not quite true. We then head to the common room for the official farewells to those leaving. There are only a handful, including Annie the Aussie gappie who is heading home after her year at Bearwood. We'll miss you Annie, you're a legend! A few quiet drinks later & it's holiday time. 3 & a half weeks off, bring it on!!! Thursday night we have our official staff Christmas dinner/party at our local, The Walters Arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home