Monday, March 09, 2009

An eventful week


On Monday I had my citizenship ceremony, meaning that I now hold dual nationality. The ceremony was nice. It was held in the council chambers at the Wokingham district council. There were about 25 of us becoming citizens & we each had to stand in turn & make our oaths of allegiance. We then all stood together & said our pledge. It did take me back to my brownie/girl guide days! They had a couple of dignitaries who made a couple of speeches, then we stood for the national anthem.

Ironically enough, it was Monday night that we heard that Will had been offered the job at Victoria University in Wellington. They have put together a good-looking offer for him, & we have a few things still to work through, like hopefully negotiating a slightly later start date, but we are thinking that we will probably go. It's too good an opportunity to turn down really. We have one week left before Will needs to sign the contract.
On Saturday night we hosted a party to celebrate my new Britishness. It was a good night, with the last of the guests leaving at around 3am. It did mean most of today was a write-off! We did a bit of pottering around & cleaning up, but I did feel the need for an afternoon siesta to catch up on a bit of sleep. Will had a korfball match in Basinstoke that he had to ref.

That is all my news. School is going well, I managed to get all my reports in on time, so it's a great feeling having them finished. I only have 2 & a half weeks left before my Easter holiday, & my trip to Honk Kong & China to visit my brother.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being British and on Will's job offer - your going back (probably) your folks will be pleased :)

Goody

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Lydia said...

Cheers Goody,

One of my friends did suggest that I'll feel more of an affinity with the Welsh -what with all those sheep & hills!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home