Monday, February 16, 2009

A week off


School finished at lunch-time on Friday for our 1 week half-term break. We were supposed to have INSET (teachers only day) Friday afternoon, but management were kind & let us off. They suggested we use the time for report writing instead, as the first lot are due the Monday we get back. I was good & stayed at school & got one whole class finished.

On Friday night we had the staff formal dinner in the common room. It was a great night with excellent food, lots of wine, & a few antics later on... That is probably a 200 year old table that people are dancing on!
Will & I enjoyed a nice Valentine's day. I don't really 'do' it, but it was our first one as a married couple. Willl gave me some lovely lilies. Being the thoughful person he is he gave them to me last Sunday, as tomorrow I'm off to North wales for 5 days & he was worried I wouldn't get full pleasure out of them if he gave them to me on the 14th. He also gave me some perfume that I had run out of, & the line has been discontinued. He managed to find some at the duty-free shop in Hungary when he was there for work a couple of weeks ago! My token gesture was to cook a nice meal of rib-eye steak with a mushroom & white wine sauce, dauphinoise potatoes & sugarsnap peas.
As some of you know, before Christmas Will applied for a job at Victoria University in Wellington. Well, he has a phone interview tonight, so we shall wait & see how that goes... He is going to take it at his office at the uni, & he went in a few hours ago to prepare for it. While he is away I have cooked a victoria sponge as a birthday cake for him. His birthday is on Tuesday & I will miss it since I'll be in Wales. I get back on the Friday which is my birthday, so we shall celebrate them both then. As a joint present we have bought ourselves a nintendi wii which we are getting a lot of entertainment out of.
Right, I'd better head off & start to pack for tomorrow. Hopefully the next post will have some nice picks of Welsh hills, if it stops raining long enough to take some!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home