Thursday, March 19, 2009

Homeward Bound

This post is a few days later than usual, it has been busy times...

As some of you know, we have decided to move back to NZ. Will has signed the contract & it is on it's way back to Victoria University as we speak We'll probably fly back around the 2nd of September. The university is arranging the flights which is nice. When I left NZ 7 & a half years ago I never imagined that I would be flown back home for free! Then again, I hadn't quite planned on bringing an English husband back either!!! I have officially handed my notice in at school. We break up for summer early July, then I'll be a lady of leisure until school starts in NZ at the end of January. That's assuming I have no problem finding a job in Wellington! I am looking forward to back to back summers...

So, between now & September we have a huge amount to do. Top priority is sorting out Will's immigration stuff, as the job is dependant on a legal right to work in NZ. We are also going to try & sell Will's house before we leave the UK, so we need to do a bit of work to it before putting it on the market. Then there is the small matter of shipping all our household effects to NZ. The university has offered us a generous relocation allowance which is very nice. I think they REALLY wanted Will for the job! We need to be out of our school accommodation by the end of July, so will need to get things shipped by mid-July as we then have a 3 week holiday in Africa.

That's all the news really. School has been pretty busy as ever, but one week today I'll be on Easter holiday. I'm heading to Hong Kong & China for just under two weeks, arriving home in time for our one year wedding anniversary on April 12th.

This weekend I'm out on the silver DofE expedition on Dartmoor. We leave Friday straight after school, & return Monday night. The staff camp in a field right next to a pub in Princetown which is very convenient! The weather the last few days has been lovely with a real spring feel to it, so fingers crossed it will last...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home