Friday, May 08, 2009

Time is ticking by...

It's been a little longer than usual since the last post, but nothing overly exciting has really been happening of late! Will & I enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend that has just passed. On the Saturday we drove to a pub near Pangbourne to meet Will's new head of school at Victoria Uni for lunch. Him & his wife are holidaying in the UK at the moment as their daughter is over here on her OE. He seemed a really nice guy, & at least Will will know another face when he starts there in September (taking it to a grand total of two!).

Sunday was pretty relaxed, so much so that I can't actually remember what I did! I do seem to recall that the morning involved a long sleep-in... The weather was surprisingly good for a Bank Holiday weekend, & I enjoyed reading the Sunday papers in the garden. Monday was similarly relaxed. My HOD Scottie had lent me the DVD box set of the first season of 24, so we have been really enjoying that. Quite a few of them got watched over the long weekend! We've also been watching 1 or 2 per evening this week, & now have only 5 episodes of the 24 to go. It really is brilliant, even if it does get me on the edge of my seat & I need my 'scary cushion' on occasion to hide behind. I know, I really am the biggest wimp in the world...

We had our first 'proper' touch game last night, & our efforts in the grading round the previous week meant we are in division 1 again. We drew 6-all last night. It wasn't a bad result, but was pretty frustrating because we scored a winning try right on full-time, but the opposition called a touch (even though it clearly wasn't!) & the ref had to play the touch. However we do get an extra bonus point for playing 3 women on the field the whole time, whereas the opposition only played 2.

That's pretty much all my news. School is quite busy at the moment, but there is only another 2 weeks until half-term. I think I'm going to miss my 1 week half-term breaks when I'm back in NZ! I lose my GCSE class at half-term so that will lighten my load a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home