Monday, June 11, 2007

No more duty weekends!

Gidday,

Have nearly finished my last weekend boarding duty EVER. It has been a lovely quiet weekend. Saturday night was 'music on a summer's evening' on the headmaster's lawn, so Will & I wandered over & enjoyed the various items in the sunshine. There are some talented musicians at Bearwood, one girl has been selected for the National Youth Choir which is singing at the opening of the Beijing Olympics.

Roger drove over late Friday night & stayed the night, ready for the All-Blacks/France game early Saturday morning. It was a great match to watch, a real stuffing! And without Dan Carter as well!! Rog likes watching the rugby at mine, mostly I think because he gets freshly baked blueberry muffins for breakfast! He came to my Saturday morning tennis activity with me after the rugby & we had a good doubles match with a couple of the kids.

Goody, a mate of mine who left Bearwood a couple of years ago, was also down for the weekend. Him & his wife are holidaying in NZ next summer, so we spent a bit of time today sorting out a rough itinery. It was great to see him. He was rather taken with my balancing kiwis, & managed one of the trickier permutations... It was a glorious day today, seriously hot. I spent most of it sitting out in the garden. I picked up some very distinct t-shirt tan lines from sitting in the sunshine at Twickenham all day last Saturday, so I was doing my best to get rid of them before the school summer ball this coming Saturday. Will had loads of work to do this weekend so joined me in the garden for some of it. Between me distracting him, the French open tennis final, & the England/WI cricket test on the telly, I'm not convinced he got as much done as he probably should have! I cooked a nice dinner tonight, NZ lamb chops done on the barbie, new jersey potatoes & salad. I swear I eat more NZ lamb over here than I did back home! It was washed down with a lovely NZ sauv blanc courtesy of Goody (cheers Goody, it didn't last long, but we very much appreciated it!).The garden is still looking lovely. It really is a bumper year for the roses. This red one is the last of them to flower, & smells gorgeous. My first geraniums are just about out, & my sunflowers are now mid-thigh. As you can probably tell, I get quite excited about my garden...

Not much other news... We have our touch rugby semi-final on Wednesday night. We finished in 3rd place, despite playing like muppets last week & drawing 3-all against the bottom team! We'd better play better this week or we'll get slaughtered... This weekend I (finally) managed to find the trek we want to do in Peru for a good price, leaving on the day we want to leave, so I'll book that in the next day or two. That is one of the last things to plan for our summer South America adventure. 2 & a half weeks till school breaks up, & less than 4 months till I fly. YAY!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home