Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Almost half-term



I thought I'd post the last existing pictures of Will & his beard... I did like it, & it did make him look like a 'real' professor...
This half-term is flying by, only 3 more days till I get a week off. Am not planning much, have rugby, so can't really get away. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, pottering around the house, & catching up with a few friends.
Apologies once again for the timing between posts, our broadband box STILL hasn't arrived. It is well overdue, but there has been a lot of disruption to the postal service through strikes lately. Am really looking forward to being online at home again, I really don't get much time at school.
Bit of a bugger about the rugby... It's been a very strange world cup. The staff at school have actually been pretty good about not giving much stick to us kiwis, I think they genuinely felt sorry for us! If England do take it out on the weekend though they'll probably be pretty insufferable for a while! From the sounds of things, I'm quite glad to be out of NZ at the moment. I was hoping the loss would have a big effect on the NZ economy & the dollar would crash, meaning I could send a whole lot of pounds home & get a really good rate for them!!!
My rugby team is going well, we had a good 24-0 win over Footscray on the weekend. It was right over on the other side of London, so was bit of a mish to get to. It took us about 2 hours to get home with all the traffic on the M25.
The house is still coming along nicely, bit by bit it's slowly getting to how we want it. Will has done a huge amount of work in the garden, & has nearly finished the second big raised vege bed. The stables we live next to have said we can have as much horse manure as we want for free, so will probably get some over the weekend & dig it in. Hopefully that will give it enough time to rot down before the planting season next spring. We've been getting a bit excited over seed catalogs lately, planning what we are going to grow!
Better go, it's heading towards 6:30pm, so no sort of time to still be at school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home