Saturday, October 06, 2007

Time is flying by...

Gidday,


This is just a quick post to reassure people that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth (because I know you were really worried, NOT!). My only internet access at the moment is at school, & usually I'm too busy to update my blog. Things are about to change however... I now have a new laptop, to replace my old one which got frazzled in the amazing lightning storm a few months back, & we've finally got around to ordering some broadband for the flat, which should be up & running within a week or so.


Things are going really well here, school is especially good, & I'm enjoying all my classes. There is only 2 weeks left till half-term, so I'm looking forward to a week off.
Masque of the Red Death last Saturday was good, but I enjoyed Faust more. It was very similar in concept, with the audience all wearing masks, & wandering the building at will, stumbling across the actors as they went. One very cool bit was when we followed one of the cast through the back of a wardrobe, where there was a secret passage which took you into a new room, via the fireplace. My biggest gripe was that the plot was even more fragmented than Faust, so half the time I didn't have a clue what was going on. The attention to detail on the set however was very impressive. My favourite place was a Victorian music hall where you could take your mask off & relax. Will & I were sitting there, chilling out & watching an act on the stage when one of the actors came over, started interacting with us, & poured us a shot of vodka each!


Not much else going on really... Will has finally shaved off his beard which he started while travelling around South America. I'd forgotton how baby-faced he was!!! I've got before & after photos, but I'll put them on at home once our broadband is sorted. Last night we bought a new mattress for our 4-poster bed. We've been making do with my old one which is a king, but the new bed is super-king, so we've had a foot-wide gap. We were hanging out for a sale (you know what I'm like!) & managed to pick up a lovely pocket sprung one for half-price. It is going to take up to 4 weeks to be delivered though, so we'll be making do with the old one for a while yet.


I have a good social weekend coming up... Tonight is a hot-tub party with the rugby girls, then tomorrow night we have a staff social in the common room to watch the All-Blacks/France game. On Sunday my rugby team are playing Ealing away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home