Monday, May 19, 2008

A day at Lords

This week has gone by very fast. All is good, apart from losing our touch game 3-2 on Wednesday night. Without making excuses we had an awful ref, & it didn't help when he sent off our best player in the second half... Oh well, it was only the first proper game of the season, hopefully we'll have plenty of opportunity to make up the points.

Saturday Will was away at a korfball tournament in Oxford all day. I had a nice day, it was bit of a novelty having the house all to myself. I did my tennis activity at school in the morning, then came back & pottered around for a bit. My friend Claire was having a BBQ for her birthday on Monday so I went & hung out there for a bit. It was then home, I cooked myself a nice dinner, then had a lovely long hot bath complete with candles, & the romance playlist on my ipod! It was here that Will found me when he got home at around 11pm!

Today was a big day at Lords; the home of cricket. We were watching the fourth day of the NZ/England test. It was a great day out, & the weather even decided to co-operate. No mean feat considering most of play on Saturday had been washed out. The group of us from school were Will & I, Ric, Jason, Talby & Hugh. Nat Jones was also there with Lee & a group of their mates, & we caught up with them at various times throughout the day. Lords is a lovely place to watch cricket. We were in the Edrich stand 1 row back from the boundary. It is very civilised, everyone is allowed to take in 1 bottle of wine each. The boys had a couple of beers on the train into London, but I decided 9am was a tad too early to start drinking! At the ground we knocked off the 6 bottles of wine before lunch. I then enjoyed the Bacardi I had snuck into the ground, whereas the guys had a few more pints.
The cricket itself was good as well, we saw all 10 of the English wickets fall, but also a lot of runs. The match is pretty much tied up at the moment, so unless something spectacular happens tomorrow, it looks like being a draw. We got home about 9pm, tired, but happy from a great day out.
1 week to go till half-term, bring it on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home