Thursday, June 05, 2008

Anti-climax...

I am not a happy bunny at the moment. I arrived to sit my life in the UK test this afternoon, only to be told that the computer system was down & all tests booked for today had to be rescheduled. The earliest they could offer me was 17th June. I did point out that my work permit had actually expired by then, & they said they could squeeze me in next Wednesday, so I need to wait another whole week. It's very frustrating because I did a lot of swot last night & was well & truly ready for the test. Oh well, that's life I suppose... I should be fine, the document the school has got has said I can work until 31st July, it's only the visa in my passport which states June 16th. I won't be leaving the country until July so everything should work out OK...

On the plus side, my touch rugby team finally won a game today! Yay!!! We won 7-5, which should put us into 4th. Will & I are just back from a few celebratory drinks at Ric's. We have been quite sensible & left relatively early, just as the gappies are starting to concoct some cocktails! It was a reasonably tame night, not like the 3am efforts of old where you would be in chapel at 8:40 Thursday morning with a raging hangover (if you made it at all!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home