Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Holidays

I finally made it to the end of term. It was lovely having a nice long lie-in on Thursday morning, then that night was our staff Christmas do at the Walters. It was a really nice night, with excellent food. The pub is under new management, & they have improved the food hugely. It is now a really nice place to go for a meal.

On Friday, after another very lazy morning, I headed to Reading for a bit of Christmas shopping. Town was a lot quieter than I expected it to be. I suppose most people are still working, & no other school in the area broke up as early as we did.

On Saturday night Will & I went to Wendy & Allan's evening wedding function which was held in the picture gallery at school. Wendy is the only English maths teacher in our department! It was a nice evening, but we didn't have that big a night, & were home at a respectable hour. Funnily enough, Allan actually attended Bearwood College as a student!

Tonight Annie, the GAP student flew back to OZ. Will & I had her round for dinner, then Ric arrived to drive her to Heathrow. I tagged along for the ride as well. She has had a great year at Bearwood, & I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her throughout the year. She is a top chick. We have new gappies arriving at the start of January ready for the new term.

Tomorrow I have my knee appointment at the hospital at 10:15am. Will & I will then head straight off to our cottage near Stratford-upon-Avon for 4 nights. We'll call in on Will's parents as it is on the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home