Monday, January 05, 2009

First post of 2009!


Will & I saw in the new year with a very enjoyable cocktail party at George & Hannah's. It was an excellent night, & it was well after 3am by the time we staggered home through the woods.
At midnight we braved the -3 degrees to go outside & watch George setting off some fireworks
Last night we had another meal round at Scottie & Sarah's. The second in a week which is pretty good going! It was another very pleasant evening, & this time Willem, plus a friend of Sarah's were also there. This time it was -4 degrees walking home through the woods, but it was gorgeous, with the lake partly frozen over.
Tonight we are going to go watch the Twilight movie. The girls in the boarding house at school gave me the first book to read over the holidays, saying that it was amazing. I got very engrossed in it & finished the book in 2 days! I now need to read the others in the series.
Will & I are both back to work tomorrow, but it's only a teacher-only day for me, so a gentle way to ease back into things. On Tuesday morning I go to Royal Berks hospital for the MRI scan on my knee.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 am, Blogger Willem Stapelberg said...

You seem to have had a lovely holiday Lyds. I enjoyed the cheese press in your bedroom. Nice touch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home