Monday, May 11, 2009

Feels like summer

Firstly, before I get stuck into this post, a big apology to my lovely cousin Renee & her equally lovely fiance Jeremy. When struggling to remember what I got up to last weekend, I clean forgot that they had travelled from London to pay Will & I a visit on the bank holiday Monday! That's not to say their visit was in any way forgettable!!! We had a very nice afternoon catching up, eating nice food (which they were kind enough to bring with them) & snowboarding on the wii. Sorry guys, it's nothing personal!


This weekend was very enjoyable, despite me feeling a bit off colour. I think I'm just a bit run down & the body is trying to fight something off. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's not swine flu! The kids at school were getting a bit excited last week because according to them, if 5 more cases were reported in Berkshire, the school would have to shut down... Not sure how true that was, but they seemed to believe it!


Will left Saturday lunchtime to travel to Nottingham as there is a robotics workshop up there. It is the first time he has been invited to be the key-note speaker, so quite a big deal. He gives his talk Monday lunchtime & I'm sure it will go well. He's back home late Monday evening.


On Saturday night I attended Mumsy's 50th birthday bash up at the rugby club. Mumsy is one of those iconic figures that most sports clubs tend to have. She played for Reading ladies for ages, & lately has been involved in coaching some of the junior boys teams. Her party started in the afternoon with some touch rugby, followed by a BBQ, followed by a DJ, followed by a curry dinner, followed by a live band! Quite a few of my rugby team were camping overnight on the rugby pitches, & that was initially my plan as well. However because I was a bit off colour I didn't really feel like drinking much. I had 2 drinks over about 7 hours, so decided to drive home & get a good nights sleep instead. Our super-king 4-poster bed did seem rather large without Will in it...

My friend Nic was down for the weekend staying at Claire's new house, so Sunday morning I went over for brunch. It was a gorgeously hot day & I didn't end up leaving until 3pm. We had a lovely time eating good food, sitting in the sunshine, & enjoying the Sunday papers. I had baked some blueberry muffins to take around and they went down well. Nicola finally returned my Dan Carter poster which I had lent her over 3 years ago. It was always on the proviso that she returned it when she found herself a nice boyfriend, & now that she has her lovely Tom she thought it was about time she gave it back... He has been reinstated in the bathroom next to the one of Dan doing his sit ups... What a beautiful man :-)

That's all for this post. 2 weeks & counting until half-term. Bring it on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home