Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Weddings & Rugby & Stuff...

The wedding on Saturday was a superb day/evening. Everything went to plan & it was a really enjoyable occasion for all concerned. Even the weather decided to cooperate, which was pretty lucky considering rain had been forecast. It all took place on-site, with the ceremony being held in the college chapel, photos around the grounds, then the reception & evening function in the mansion building. The best thing about it all was that when it was all over in the early hours of the morning it was only a few hundred metres walk home to my flat! I actually ended up evicted from my own home for the night, mum & dad were in my room, & because my brother had left the wedding earlier than I did, he had claimed the couch! Just as well I am attached to a girls boarding house that is currently empty due to school holidays...

On Sunday I had to pysch myself up for my last rugby match of the year. It was the first round of a national knock-out cup, & unfortunately we got knocked out... We had to play 2 pool matches, & we lost them both, 22-5 & 14-7. I don't think anyone in the team was overly upset, if we had won our pool we would have been required to play at least another match, if not two, & we didn't have any subs so were all pretty knackered! It was crazy weather, sunny & relatively warm for most of the day, then during the second half of the second match it started to snow!!! It then proceeded to absolutely bucket it down, so we were quite happy to hit the showers & then head home, leaving the more successful teams to battle it out amongst themselves... I'm pretty battered & bruised today, I hadn't played a match for 3 weeks or so, my poor old body wasn't used to it. I did manage to catch a boot on my left cheekbone so that has turned a few interesting colours... That is rugby done & dusted for another season, but I've got touch rugby starting in 3 weeks to look forward to.

Not much other news... Mum & dad picked up a hire car today & head off tomorrow for a 2 week road trip around the UK. It really is nice having them around, I've been putting mum to good use in my garden & it has never looked so good! In my last posting I mentioned that 'Bitter & Twisted' took top prize in our highly prestigious Scottish beer-tasting awards on the stag do. Imagine my delight the other day when I discovered my local supermarket stocks it! It's brewed by Harviestoun by the way, those of you in the UK should hunt it out, it's fantastic stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home